Not a huge population studied, but one of the more stressed, 42 high school students over a 14 day period showed significant results.
Bottom line, most of the reasons someone might like 'diet' soda or thinking it is healthier to avoid natural or even refined sugars, it doesn't hold up.
For a different perspective on living a healthier life, this 50 minute presentation is both entertaining and provides very good information. While chiropractors have always embraced working as a team with other professions for the best health of the patient, there remains very clear differences on philosophy and logic. Food for thought.
Here is a very good, 5 minute video presentation on the most common type of headache. Chiropractic treatment is highly successful in relieving these issues. With regular chiropractic adjustments, headaches can be a thing of the past.
Former professional football player, (and frequent patient of ours at the Celebrity Golf Tournament) Jim McMahon and how chiropractic adjustments, received monthly, keep his life debilitating headaches from returning.
- The long running radio show, "This American Life" has done a thoughtful report on the dangers of using the active ingredient in Tylenol, acetaminophen. They highlight the dangers of the drug that has always been advertised as "the safest", and how decades passed without proper warnings to the 50 million people who take the drug every week in the United States. The show's title: "Use Only As Directed" You can listen for free at: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/
- GOOD NEWS for patients seeking chiropractic care with the Affordable Health Care Act: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2013/07/how-the-health-reform-law-will-impact-alternative-medicine-access.html
- StayInGear.blogspot.fr check for updates
- Chiropractic care is typically far more effective and here’s more evidence to demonstrate it being more cost effective: click here
- If you use Facebook or Twitter find Boulder Crest Retreat..you can follow the progress and events at the facility. Most recently Pittsburg Steelers legendary running back, Rocky Bleier joined the BCR Honorary Advisory Board. There is always something positive going on there.
- Boulder Crest Retreat Grand Opening was September 6, 2013...Check their website for more information on this incredible facility as well as the dedicated and selfless individuals who have made this a reality.
- October, 2012: Great feedback from Virginia chiropractors ready to serve Wounded Warriors when Boulder Crest Retreat is up and running next summer.
- Chiropractic awareness and utilization is rapidly expanding in Europe and with it, the addition of more chiropractic schools and inclusion in the nationalized healthcare systems.
- This week, watch the Celebrity Golf Championship tournament on NBC or by clicking this link: www.tahoecelebritygolf.com There are usually a few good golfers in the group, but more importantly is the beautiful surroundings of Lake Tahoe, where I grew up.
- April, 2013: double blind study on manipulation for chronic lower back pain appears favorable. Much of the clinical evidence that supports manipulation, like that used routinely by chiropractors, shows very good results in patients with back pain for less than 30 or 60 days. This study showed significant reductions in pain levels in patients that have had pain for over a year, after they had undergone therapy for 2-3 months.
- A fairly reasonable explanation of when to see to a chiropractor versus the orthopedist is covered here: http://orthopedics.about.com/od/backneck/f/chiropractor.htm
- Objective evidence for chiropractic care: http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB4539/index1.html